Moderation team for talk and osmf-talk mailing lists
About the firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com mailing lists
The persons listed on this page were approved by the OSMF board on 2022-05-23 to moderate the firstname.lastname@example.org and the email@example.com mailing lists, as per the Etiquette Guidelines, following the process for moderation.
firstname.lastname@example.org is the mailing list for all OpenStreetMap community members.
email@example.com is the mailing list for OpenStreetMap Foundation members. Prior to the approval of the moderators, the osmf-talk mailing list was moderated by the Membership Working Group (MWG).
The "general", "general:tagging", and "foundation" channels on community.openstreetmap.org
On November 2022 the self-appointed @forums-governance team on community.openstreetmap.org reached out to the team to see whether its members would be interested in becoming moderators on the Discourse forum at community.openstreetmap.org. The moderators team voted and unanimously agreed. The following channels on community.openstreetmap.org are currently moderated by the team: "general", "general:tagging", and "foundation". By special request, the moderators have also been asked at times to adjudicate alleged violations of the Etiquette Guidelines in other channels, case by case.
The Etiquette Guidelines developed for the talk lists are applied to the community Discourse forum as well. Since the forum offers additional tools for moderation (e.g., temporary blocks of entire threads, hiding of offensive posts), moderation on the forum will differ somewhat from that exercised on the talk and osmf-talk lists.
Note on moderators of other OSM Foundation-hosted mailing lists and channels on community.openstreetmap.org
Please note that:
- The community.osm.org channel on help-and-support:tagging is different from the general:tagging channel and has different moderators.
- Other mailing lists hosted by the OpenStreetMap Foundation and other channels on community.openstreetmap.org (also hosted by the OSM Foundation) have different moderators.
Rules applied and process for moderation
Minutes are provided by the team to the OSMF board.
- 2023-08-24 Etiquette Violations by user Adamant1 - OSMF Board of Directors suspension of Adamant1 from all OSM activity for one year.
- 2023-08-22 Etiquette Violation by user NorthCrab - Decision to suspend this user from participation in the community forum for a period of four weeks (28 days).
- 2023-06-10 Etiquette Violation by user Wynndale - Decision to suspend this user from participation in the community forum and mailing lists for a period of four weeks (28 days).
- 2023-05-23 2023 Annual Report
- 2023-05-06 Etiquette Violation by user Marc_marc - Decision to suspend this user from the talk list for a period of 7 days.
- 2023-02-06 Etiquette Violations by user Mariotomo - Decision to suspend this user from participation in the community forum and mailing lists for a period of 14 days.
- 2023-02-04 Etiquette Violations by user fititnt - Decision to suspend this user from participation in the community forum and mailing lists for a period of 28 days.
- 2022-12-28 Complaint about posts by OSM Community Member Lutz - Decision to suspend this user from participation in the community forum and mailing lists for 1 week.
- 2022-11-22 Request to moderate on community.openstreetmap.org
- 2022-07-16 Block access to offensive talk list messages
- 2022-07-16 Incident Response Anja Xhakani <firstname.lastname@example.org>