Brussels, 2019-05-18 and 2019-05-19
Related blogpost by Joost Schouppe
The meeting was facilitated by Allen Gunn.
- Kate Chapman
- Tobias Knerr
- Heather Leson
- Mikel Maron
- Paul Norman
- Frederik Ramm
- Joost Schouppe
- Allen Gunn (facilitator)
- Dorothea (administrative assistant)
- Intro by Gunner.
- Priorities per member and desired outcomes.
- Diagrams of OSM-related words per member (+community).
- Views of OSM/OSMF, listing what is: working well/ working/ working less well/ not working. Split into two groups and find what board members agree/disagree on. Switch groups. Find common.
- Parallel sessions: 1) Communication 2) Membership.
- Discussion about Dorothea's role.
- Poll of what board members want to concentrate on.
- Things learned so far.
- Parallel sessions: 1) Communication/ Working groups 2) Articles of Association.
- Discussion about board transitioning.
- Discussion about Dorothea's role.
- Discussion about GDPR.
- Discussion about Microgrants.
- Check out.
OSM and OSMF
- Views on OpenStreetMap (working well/ working/ working less well/ not working).
- Views on OpenStreetMap Foundation (working well/ working/ working less well/ not working).
- Agreement (or not) on views of OSM/F universe.
- Questions to ask Working Groups.
- Questions for former WG members.
- Best practices/ categories to document.
- Existing undocumented practices.
- New Practices?
Support and grow Working Groups
- Issues / Challenges.
- Possible next steps.
WGs will be approached by the board, initially with some questions.
Suggested changes to Articles of Association, related to membership and board terms.
- Levers (now/ soon/ think for later/ maybe not).
- Threats / Take-over scenarios.
The suggested AoA changes aim to (amongst others):
- Give the Membership Working Group (MWG) and the board more time to investigate any unusual signup patterns.
- Make it less attractive for people to join just because a particular issue is on the AGM agenda.
- Make it more difficult for an organisation to control the OSMF by having their own representatives elected to board positions.
- Increase the membership base.
- Streamline the board terms and term limits.
The MWG will be notified about the plans and feedback will be asked, when the suggested changes have taken a more final form.
Community communications + engagement
- For communication in OSM to work well, these things must be true.
- What is reality now? Strength and weakness.
- Technical/ method.
- Themes/ Questions/ Process.
- Blogpost on pre-F2F survey.
- Discussion about who will step down at the next board elections and a related announcement, so that members can start thinking about nominations.
Related to proposed AoA changes (list of changes not finalised yet).
- Looking at current applications.
- Subgroup which will pick this up.
- Remaining actions.
- Possibility of increasing hours and discussions with and without Dorothea being present.
|Topic||Action Item||Bottom liner(s)||Comments|
|1||Board terms/ Roles/ Announcement||Write announcement and communication plan||Kate|
|2||Dorothea’s role||Write job description||Kate|
|3||GDPR||Complete and share job description||Fred/Heather|
|4||Microgrants||Subgroup meet to finalise plan||Joost||with Mikel|
|5||Working Groups||WG documentation plan/ WG engage/survey||Mikel/Joost||Heather to support|
|6||Local chapter applications||Follow up with LWG/Board||Heather||with Dorothea|
|7||Articles of Association / Bylaws||Draft “soon” group of changes for “now” communications and summarise future steps/issues||Fred||Kate will review|
|8||Community communications + engagement||Survey methodology||Mikel|
|9||Community engagement blogpost||Heather||Mikel will help|
|10||F2F blog post||Joost|
|11||Pre-meeting survey||Take feedback to developers that is about software||Paul|
|?||“Big picture” - OSM/F universe “working/not working”|