Working Group Minutes/EWG 2022-09-12
- Tobias Knerr
- Adam Hoyle
- Andrew Hain
- Ramya Ragupathy
- Rob Savoye
- Robert Koeze (after 10 minutes)
Touch base with Harry if present
Serval meetings ago Harry offered to share some work he's thinking of doing on the OSM website. Specifically in regard to a list of things he'd received from Frederik.
Action: Adam to contact Harry
Touch base about whether or not Jochen has delivered an invoice.
Talk was recorded, unclear when it will be published (has it been already?) Tobias to request invoice
Jochen is encouraging people to discuss the study at https://github.com/osmlab/osm-data-model/discussions
Review updated bid
Touch base about status of project description. Haven't heard back from maintainers
- OSM Community post: https://community.openstreetmap.org/t/rfc-on-engineering-working-group-project/1542
- openstreetmap-website feedback: https://github.com/openstreetmap/openstreetmap-website/issues/3129
- Issue raised on Github: https://github.com/osmfoundation/ewg_bidding/issues/3
- Rails Port muting feature email thread
Robert to continue moving this forward:
- wait a little longer to get feedback
- then put out requests for bids: use Github and spread to various channels (follow our documented process)
Follow up on osm-carto frustration
Discuss the topic of clickable POIs.
Discussion between EWG and osm-carto maintainers has not taken place so far.
There was discussion in response to a question from the OSMF board: https://github.com/gravitystorm/openstreetmap-carto/issues/4581
Follow up on whether or not osm-carto was asked if they want help.
GDPR follow up
We received a reply from Mikel with the materials produced by the board:
Additional details were provided by Simon.
Additional Project Ideas
Call for additional project ideas.
Any other business
Next meeting is 2022-09-26: https://osmcal.org/event/1595/
Topics delayed to next meeting
Report from SotM