From OpenStreetMap Foundation

OpenStreetMap Foundation, Operations Meeting - Draft minutes

These minutes do not go through a formal acceptance process.
This is not strictly an Operations Working Group (OWG) meeting.

Thursday 22 February, 19:00 London time
Location: Video room at https://osmvideo.cloud68.co


Minutes by Dorothea Kazazi

New action items from this meeting

  • 2024-02-22 Paul to email Equinix about the price increase [Topic: Equinix AM6 Price Increase]
  • 2024-02-22 Paul to open a ticket for Fastly root access and ask Grant there whether Ian has access. [Topic: Fastly root access]

Equinix AM6 Price Increase

Equinix AM6 is asking for:

  • 20% more for space.
    • Reasonable, hasn't been up since we moved in.
  • 20% more for power.
    • Not unreasonable, but they had said no further increases in 2024.
  • 5% more for crossconnects.
    • Reasonable.

Action item: Paul to email Equinix about the price increase.

Fastly root access

Does Ian have access?

Suggestions: Ask Ian/Fastly or wait for Grant.

  • Email on 16 February 2024.
  • We have a ticket for moving the config to code, which should be enough.
  • We don't have a ticket for access, which is also needed for vector tiles.
    • We probably don't want OpenTofu to have root access.
    • We might want to restrict permissions to just edit the distributions.

Action item: Paul to open a ticket for Fastly root access and ask Grant there whether Ian has access.

Action items reviewed at the beginning of the meeting

  • 2024-02-08 Paul to ping Sarah on the ticket regarding the Overpass move. [New general purpose machines for DB4]
  • 2024-02-08 Grant to check: remote access, the procedures to go back to the previous firmware if something fails, read the links on NSSU. [Switch upgrade maintenance window]
  • 2024-02-08 Grant to announce the Discourse maintenance window on Twitter/Mastodon/Community.osm.org. [Switch upgrade maintenance window]
  • 2024-02-08 OWG to review the Editor policy during one of the next calls and possibly vote on it. [Editor Policy adding to OpenStreetMap.org]
  • 2024-01-25 Grant to publish the schedule for OAuth 1 deprecation on mailing lists/Discourse/Mastodon/Twitter [Topic: OAuth 1.0a]
  • 2024-01-25 Tom to investigate what happens to existing OAuth 1 tokens when OAuth 1 gets turned off, and whether error messages can be sent back in the html of the response to basic/OAuth 1 users (yes, PR in progress). [Topic: OAuth 1.0a]
  • 2024-01-11 Grant to create a test parallel version of tile CDN. [Topic: Serving different images instead of errors to tile requests] -> Grant to create GitHub ticket
  • 2024-01-11 OPS to move to Fastly config as code. [Topic: Serving different images instead of errors to tile requests]
  • 2023-11-30 Grant to revisit the "policy for purchasing" document, which currently is focused on specs, and add information such as the process for obtaining approval for purchases. [Reportage] Added info: Who Approves / Steps etc -> Grant to create GitHub ticket
  • 2023-11-30 OPS to review the issue of spam reports to ISPs in 6 months (May 2024) -> Grant to create GitHub ticket
  • 2023-05-18 Paul to start an open document listing goals for longer-term planning. [Topic: Longer-term planning]

Action items that have been stricken-through are either completed, or have been moved to GitHub tickets.