CWG meeting 2023-02-06
CWG Feb meeting notes
Review the OSMF board draft communication plan - how can we support? how do our mission/goals fit into their ideas?
- Mikel shared a few emails & docs on OSMF and strategic comms needs
- Looking to be more oraginisedf in comms from the foundation and from OSM in general
OSMF Board Communication Plan from Mikel: https://hackmd.io/HgeBv2oDTWGJez7FZijcvA
OSMF Board Communication from Craig: https://hackmd.io/4GZCXCq-RGyYhwPkyq93gA
What are the needs from the board?
Courtney – Board needs an MVP: (channel list, content plan, mechanism for implementing, documentation of the plan/process)
Courtney - there are mechanisms that can be revived from the past - summaries from WGs, eg.simple deadlines for the blog that help us support
Priorities for action:
- Channels list
- re: channels: Marjan and Courtney have some analysis and could do a simple proposal for most effective channels? (possibly a dashboard, longer term) Marjan can own. Craig can contribute re: Africa channels
- Forum governance team can suppy stats / analytics
- Content calendar
- Content development support (review / editing / publishing)
- quarterly Chair update
- quarterly (?) operations update
- other quarterly report? ()
- (if there are 3 quarterly reports, that means 1 post/month is taken care of
Discuss the proposals for /copyright and Gustavo Soares proposals - what are next steps?
- Draft has been shared with legal wg (nothing back, yet)
- Gustavo very motivated to make design changes - Can we help him with breaking this into achievable pieces?
- Start with content update for the copyright page…
- Get Gustavo familiar with how to contribute / pair him with someone who can make a pull request
- [Ariel] Most useful bit is how to attribute for different forms of using OSM
- This is the second most visited page on the website (people clicking through from map attributions)
- Finalise the text
- Feedback to Gustavo on design (Courtney to intro Mikel)
- Find someone to help him with the implementation (this could be Harry)
community.osm.org - how can we promote?
- Use the upcoming migration of help and support as a hook to promote the forums. Exact date tbd.
- Grant doing 95% of the work on this…
- Pete and Courtney to lead on write up
Communities may launch soon?
- bringing meetup functionality into OSM.org - some means to be able to organise local communities and sign up for notifications on events
- cwg would neet to reach out and find out what the status (and purpose) is…
- Ariel to reach out to Brian and do factfinding
content for the blog
- Women’s Day - Marjam (beginning of March)
- Local chapters promo post - hook with Arnalie as this is one of her board priorities
Gustavo’s proposed design for OSM.org
Not covered in detail - will come back to this
- On-boarded a new volunteer translator for blog.openstreetmap.org
- Contacted the Google Summer of Code team for publishing a post about their call for projects. They did not get back and their self-imposed deadline has passed. We might have a chance to publish another GSoC post later on.
- Created an OSM sticker design for Swahili.
- Ordered and sent ~900 stickers (7 designs) in English, French and Swahili to State of the Map Tanzania 2023.