Working Groups are the main way in which the Foundation supports OSM in specific areas. Some are more active than others. Working Groups may include a member of the board, but should also nominate a member to take part in Management Team meetings.
Follow the links on this page to find out more about what each group does and who its members are.
- Handle issues relating the the current license for OSM data
- Migrating to a new license.
- Resolution of issues in copyright violation, disputes, vandalism, and bots, beyond the normal means of the community.
- Helping to set policy on data.
- Planning and maintenance of the OSM API and servers.
- Engaging and assisting developers to develop OSM software.
- Initial focus on communication between the OSMF board, working groups, members, and the public
- Improve flow of information, and effectiveness of channels on and around osmfoundation.org
- Analyse other community communication channels. Identify issues and areas for improvement
- Organization and execution of the annual OpenStreetMap Foundation Conference "The State of the Map"
- Responsible for running the process of setting up federated OSM-Foundation local groups.
- Long term planning and strategy.